Book of Nixon White House tapes coming next summertags: Richard Nixon, Watergate
...Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced Tuesday that "The Nixon Tapes" will feature the first transcriptions of Nixon and his aides discussing subjects ranging from Vietnam to Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign.
"The Nixon Tapes" will be edited and annotated by historian Douglas Brinkley, who helped compile a book of Ronald Reagan's diaries, and Luke Nichter, whose website features digital recordings of Nixon's conversations....
comments powered by Disqus
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Heirs Claim Bank Made Off with Nazi-Looted Art
- Add the University of Virginia to the list of universities actively confronting their association with slavery
- Stanley Kutler’s book on Nixon Watergate abuses has been turned into a show on the web
- China bans books by pro-Hong Kong historian who retired from Princeton
- Fordham Historian Lambasts ‘Shabby Treatment’ In Row Over Israel Boycott, Vows to Continue Fighting Anti-Semitism
- George Mason's digital history program is 20 years old -- and celebrating
- Watergate researchers can now see the materials — including tapes — Len Colodny used in writing "Silent Coup"