Book of Nixon White House tapes coming next summerHistorians in the News
tags: Richard Nixon, Watergate
...Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced Tuesday that "The Nixon Tapes" will feature the first transcriptions of Nixon and his aides discussing subjects ranging from Vietnam to Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign.
"The Nixon Tapes" will be edited and annotated by historian Douglas Brinkley, who helped compile a book of Ronald Reagan's diaries, and Luke Nichter, whose website features digital recordings of Nixon's conversations....
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond