Book of Nixon White House tapes coming next summerHistorians in the News
tags: Richard Nixon, Watergate
...Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced Tuesday that "The Nixon Tapes" will feature the first transcriptions of Nixon and his aides discussing subjects ranging from Vietnam to Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign.
"The Nixon Tapes" will be edited and annotated by historian Douglas Brinkley, who helped compile a book of Ronald Reagan's diaries, and Luke Nichter, whose website features digital recordings of Nixon's conversations....
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service