Why Janet Yellen Would Be The Most Powerful Woman in World HistoryBreaking News
tags: Janet Yellen, Federal Reserve System
She's been called a "small lady with a large I.Q.," but future Fed Chair Janet Yellen should be called something else now: the most powerful woman in history.
Okay, I know that sounds a little hyperbolic. A lot hyperbolic actually. How is the ability to set interest rates more powerful than Queen Elizabeth and Victoria's five-continent empires, or Catherine II's efforts to bring the Enlightenment to Russia?...
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)