Why Janet Yellen Would Be The Most Powerful Woman in World HistoryBreaking News
tags: Janet Yellen, Federal Reserve System
She's been called a "small lady with a large I.Q.," but future Fed Chair Janet Yellen should be called something else now: the most powerful woman in history.
Okay, I know that sounds a little hyperbolic. A lot hyperbolic actually. How is the ability to set interest rates more powerful than Queen Elizabeth and Victoria's five-continent empires, or Catherine II's efforts to bring the Enlightenment to Russia?...
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95