Israeli Holocaust historian Israel Gutman diestags: Holocaust
Israel Gutman, who survived the Nazi atrocities of World War II and dedicated his life to researching the Holocaust, has died in Jerusalem. He was 90.
Gutman was born in Warsaw in 1923 and fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943, where he was wounded.
His parents and siblings died in the Ghetto while Gutman was imprisoned in three concentration camps, including Auschwitz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems