Israeli Holocaust historian Israel Gutman diestags: Holocaust
Israel Gutman, who survived the Nazi atrocities of World War II and dedicated his life to researching the Holocaust, has died in Jerusalem. He was 90.
Gutman was born in Warsaw in 1923 and fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943, where he was wounded.
His parents and siblings died in the Ghetto while Gutman was imprisoned in three concentration camps, including Auschwitz....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.