Israeli Holocaust historian Israel Gutman diestags: Holocaust
Israel Gutman, who survived the Nazi atrocities of World War II and dedicated his life to researching the Holocaust, has died in Jerusalem. He was 90.
Gutman was born in Warsaw in 1923 and fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943, where he was wounded.
His parents and siblings died in the Ghetto while Gutman was imprisoned in three concentration camps, including Auschwitz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)