Israeli Holocaust historian Israel Gutman diestags: Holocaust
Israel Gutman, who survived the Nazi atrocities of World War II and dedicated his life to researching the Holocaust, has died in Jerusalem. He was 90.
Gutman was born in Warsaw in 1923 and fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943, where he was wounded.
His parents and siblings died in the Ghetto while Gutman was imprisoned in three concentration camps, including Auschwitz....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening