Israeli Holocaust historian Israel Gutman diestags: Holocaust
Israel Gutman, who survived the Nazi atrocities of World War II and dedicated his life to researching the Holocaust, has died in Jerusalem. He was 90.
Gutman was born in Warsaw in 1923 and fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943, where he was wounded.
His parents and siblings died in the Ghetto while Gutman was imprisoned in three concentration camps, including Auschwitz....
comments powered by Disqus
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86