'Ancient humans' used toothpickstags: dentistry
"Ancient humans" used toothpicks nearly 1.8 million years ago, a study of their teeth has revealed.
A team studied hominid jaws from the Dmanisi Republic of Georgia - the earliest evidence of primitive humans outside Africa.
They also found evidence of gum disease caused by repeated use of what must have been a basic toothpick.
Writing in PNAS, the team says its findings help to explain the diversity found in hominid teeth....
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia