'Ancient humans' used toothpicksBreaking News
"Ancient humans" used toothpicks nearly 1.8 million years ago, a study of their teeth has revealed.
A team studied hominid jaws from the Dmanisi Republic of Georgia - the earliest evidence of primitive humans outside Africa.
They also found evidence of gum disease caused by repeated use of what must have been a basic toothpick.
Writing in PNAS, the team says its findings help to explain the diversity found in hominid teeth....
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors