'Ancient humans' used toothpickstags: dentistry
"Ancient humans" used toothpicks nearly 1.8 million years ago, a study of their teeth has revealed.
A team studied hominid jaws from the Dmanisi Republic of Georgia - the earliest evidence of primitive humans outside Africa.
They also found evidence of gum disease caused by repeated use of what must have been a basic toothpick.
Writing in PNAS, the team says its findings help to explain the diversity found in hominid teeth....
comments powered by Disqus
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America