Dutch scholar in NY seeking copy of postwar filmBreaking News
tags: film, historians
ALBANY, N.Y. — A Dutch scholar is searching history archives for a copy of a black-and-white film her country produced to thank New York's capital for the aid it provided to the Netherlands' oldest city as it recovered from the devastation caused by one of World War II's biggest battles.
Anja Adriaans, an independent scholar working on behalf of Radboud University in Nijmegen, has spent the past week scouring archival collections at the Albany Institute of History & Art, the New York State Library and the Albany County Hall of Records. She's searching for a copy of "This is Nijmegen," a short film the Dutch government commissioned after the war to generate donations for Nijmegen's reconstruction and to thank Albany for donating 300 tons of supplies....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity