Dutch scholar in NY seeking copy of postwar filmBreaking News
tags: film, historians
ALBANY, N.Y. — A Dutch scholar is searching history archives for a copy of a black-and-white film her country produced to thank New York's capital for the aid it provided to the Netherlands' oldest city as it recovered from the devastation caused by one of World War II's biggest battles.
Anja Adriaans, an independent scholar working on behalf of Radboud University in Nijmegen, has spent the past week scouring archival collections at the Albany Institute of History & Art, the New York State Library and the Albany County Hall of Records. She's searching for a copy of "This is Nijmegen," a short film the Dutch government commissioned after the war to generate donations for Nijmegen's reconstruction and to thank Albany for donating 300 tons of supplies....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies