Long-time Duke University history professor Lawrence Goodwyn diesHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
Wade Goodwyn said his father died on Sunday after battling emphysema.
Lawrence Goodwyn founded the Texas Coalition, an alliance of African American, Hispanic, and labor groups that battled conservatives and registered Texas minorities to vote. In 1968, Goodwyn joined and helped organize a group that campaigned against President Lyndon Johnson's re-election bid....
comments powered by Disqus
- Will President Obama Award Suffragist Inez Milholland a Presidential Citizens Medal?
- US returning land to Japan on Okinawa it's controlled since World War II
- NJ college students discover their building is named after a racist and want it changed
- Sinclair Lewis Predicted Trump—And Us
- Harvesting Government History, One Web Page at a Time
- Bristol Brexit-backer Arron Banks ridiculed for arguing Roman history with Professor Mary Beard
- Niall Ferguson changes his mind about Brexit (he’s now for it)
- Princeton’s Julian Zelizer worried about the rise of anti-Semitism
- New Ken Burns' 'Vietnam War' documentary tackles divisive era
- Rightwing website is putting historians on its “Watchlist” for signs of apostasy