UF history professor Alan Petigny found dead in apartmentHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
Florin Curta last saw his colleague and fellow history professor Alan Petigny last Monday outside their offices at the University of Florida.
“We chatted, he was positive and full of life and new projects,” Curta said. Petigny had just begun writing his second book, about changes in U.S. culture after World War II, and wanted Curta to read the first chapter.
It was the last time the two would speak to each other. Petigny, 48, died last week, law enforcement officials said, apparently of natural causes....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies