UF history professor Alan Petigny found dead in apartmenttags: obituaries, historians
Florin Curta last saw his colleague and fellow history professor Alan Petigny last Monday outside their offices at the University of Florida.
“We chatted, he was positive and full of life and new projects,” Curta said. Petigny had just begun writing his second book, about changes in U.S. culture after World War II, and wanted Curta to read the first chapter.
It was the last time the two would speak to each other. Petigny, 48, died last week, law enforcement officials said, apparently of natural causes....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome