UF history professor Alan Petigny found dead in apartmentHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
Florin Curta last saw his colleague and fellow history professor Alan Petigny last Monday outside their offices at the University of Florida.
“We chatted, he was positive and full of life and new projects,” Curta said. Petigny had just begun writing his second book, about changes in U.S. culture after World War II, and wanted Curta to read the first chapter.
It was the last time the two would speak to each other. Petigny, 48, died last week, law enforcement officials said, apparently of natural causes....
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past