Marilyn Young: Syria is turning point in American war tacticstags: Syria, Marilyn Young
Speaking at Cornell on Monday, Prof. Marilyn Young, history, New York University, said recent events in Syria show that there is potentially a turning point in the way the United States is approaching war. Negotiation and cooperation may be taking the place of a historically more aggressive approach, she said.
In her lecture, which was part of Cornell’s Ethics and Public Life fall lecture series, Young addressed the evolution of American warfare since World War II, the current state of military conflict in Syria and her hopes about the future of America’s approach to conflict....
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate