Longtime history prof Lacey Baldwin Smith remembered as 'brilliant,' 'extraordinarily generous'Historians in the News
tags: Lacey Baldwin Smith
Friends of longtime history Prof. Lacey Baldwin Smith said he was best known for two things during his nearly four decades at Northwestern: his vibrant lecture style and his legendary parties.
Smith's friend and colleague, professor emeritus Robert Lerner, said he would always remember Smith, who passed away Sept. 8 at the age of 90, as an outgoing and generous host who was nothing but welcoming to his many guests. Lerner said he first met Lacey while interviewing for his job around Christmas in 1966....
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea