Longtime history prof Lacey Baldwin Smith remembered as 'brilliant,' 'extraordinarily generous'Historians in the News
tags: Lacey Baldwin Smith
Friends of longtime history Prof. Lacey Baldwin Smith said he was best known for two things during his nearly four decades at Northwestern: his vibrant lecture style and his legendary parties.
Smith's friend and colleague, professor emeritus Robert Lerner, said he would always remember Smith, who passed away Sept. 8 at the age of 90, as an outgoing and generous host who was nothing but welcoming to his many guests. Lerner said he first met Lacey while interviewing for his job around Christmas in 1966....
comments powered by Disqus
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- 20 years since America’s shock over Clinton-Lewinsky affair, public discussions on sexual harassment are changing
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- From King George IV to President Trump, The Fat Men Who’ve Ruled The World
- Steve Bannon says historian Walter Russell Mead was the inspiration for hanging Jackson’s portrait in the Oval Office
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Pension report shows that a historian continues to be the highest paid pensioner in New York State education system
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term