Bodies of Second World War airmen pulled from Muskoka lakeBreaking News
tags: World War II
OTTAWA—More than 70 years after they disappeared into the waters of Lake Muskoka, the pilots of Nomad 3521 have been recovered.
And on Tuesday, Peter Campbell, 24, of Britain and Canadian Ted Bates, 27, will be buried in a cemetery in Guelph, Ont.
“This recovery will provide closure to the families . . . These airmen can now be laid to rest with the military honours that they so rightfully deserve,” Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- Defense Secretary James Mattis tells high school student to study history
- Dunkirk survivors’ terror didn’t end when they were rescued
- Site of Germany’s Biggest World War II Battle in the News
- Champion of the Black Community Is Given Her Rightful Due in Richmond
- CIA Plans to Destroy Some of Its Old Leak Files
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying
- Medievalists, Recoiling From White Supremacy, Try to Diversify the Field