Restored Mary Pickford film to be screened in New HampshireBreaking News
tags: Mary Pickford
Seven years ago, a contractor was commissioned to tear down a decaying barn in the small New Hampshire town of Nelson. Before destroying the building, he checked out the barn to make sure it was empty.
On the second floor were an old film projector and seven reels of highly volatile nitrate films that weren't even stored in cans. Four of the films had been considered lost including the 1911 Mary Pickford short "Their First Misunderstanding," a comedy-drama about a newlywed couple's first argument....
comments powered by Disqus
- Secret South Korean Nuclear Weapons Program Created Anxiety in Washington in Mid-1970s
- The President Is Under FBI Investigation. Is This Normal?
- President Trump Praised Both Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay
- Nativism, Violence, and the Origins of the Paranoid Style
- Will Trump be impeached – or is it just a liberal fantasy?
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?