Researchers go into battle to test Bronze Age weaponstags: Bronze Age
Researchers are to go into battle using replica Bronze Age weapons to help them understand how people at the time fought.
Using imitation swords, axes, spears and shields, researchers at Newcastle University are to recreate Bronze Age combat.
The weapons will then be studied using sophisticated use-wear analysis techniques to see how the marks and damage compares with Bronze Age weapons in museum collections....
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?