Researchers go into battle to test Bronze Age weaponstags: Bronze Age
Researchers are to go into battle using replica Bronze Age weapons to help them understand how people at the time fought.
Using imitation swords, axes, spears and shields, researchers at Newcastle University are to recreate Bronze Age combat.
The weapons will then be studied using sophisticated use-wear analysis techniques to see how the marks and damage compares with Bronze Age weapons in museum collections....
comments powered by Disqus
- Common Core increasing popularity of children's history
- New Information Spotlights General Dwight D. Eisenhower's Early Misgivings about First Nuclear Use
- As Islamic State group threatens its history, Iraq moves to digitize its national library
- An Old Songbook Could Put ‘Happy Birthday’ in the Public Domain
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Historian Kevin M. Schultz pens book about Buckley and Mailer
- Robert Conquest, Historian Who Documented Soviet Horrors, Dies at 98
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen