Syria: A Modest Proposaltags: Syria
Zimmerman teaches history at New York University and lives in suburban Philadelphia. He is the author of “Small Wonder: The Little Red Schoolhouse in History and Memory.”
Is it any worse to eat dead people than it is to kill them in the first place?
That’s the question on everyone’s lips, as it were, amid recent reports that Syrian military forces were roasting dead children on spits and then having them for dinner.
The news sent shockwaves through the White House, where President Obama had recently declared a “red line” on cannibalism. Would the President take unilateral action against Bashar Assad, to defend what Obama called a “longstanding international norm against consuming human flesh”? Or would he wait to get approval from Congress and the international community?...
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate