Woman's $3 find is missing NJ documents from 1700sBreaking News
tags: American Revolution
Curiosity got the better of Christine Ridout a year ago when she browsed through an estate sale at a Buffalo home and spotted the gray cardboard glove box on a kitchen table.
Inside were six fragile, tattered documents. The timeworn parchment and graceful handwriting were eye-catching.
"I asked, 'How much?' and was told three dollars, so I said, 'OK, I'll take them,'" said Ridout, 52, a veteran bargain-hunter who hit more than dozen yard sales that day. "I had no sense of their history or value."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere