OKC Historian Fights To Save Old Film Exchange BuildingBreaking News
tags: historic preservation, Oklahoma City, old Film Exchange
OKLAHOMA CITY -
The fight to save an historic building downtown is beginning to gain some steam.
The old Film Exchange building is set to be demolished, but a local historian is fighting to keep it. The plan is to make way for the new $130-million 70-acre central park planned downtown.
There's a couple of things that the MAPS planning committee is going to want for this building to have a future. It has to work within the scope of the original plan, and somebody has to pay for it to be renovated.
It's the beginning of what supporters believe could be a long fight to keep an historic piece of downtown Oklahoma City....
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past