Bob Thurston, Miami University professor, opens coffee shoptags: Oxford University Press, Miami University, coffee, Bob Thurston
OXFORD — A Miami University history professor has taken his interest in coffee from the classroom to the business world, opening the Oxford Coffee Company at 21 Lynn Avenue.
Bob Thurston said his interest in coffee goes back many years, starting as a personal interest. As his research took him to other countries and he added to his knowledge of the subject, it crossed over from curiosity to scholarly interest.
“I taught the history of coffee at Miami and taught about the history of coffee in other courses,” he said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign