Bob Thurston, Miami University professor, opens coffee shoptags: Oxford University Press, Miami University, coffee, Bob Thurston
OXFORD — A Miami University history professor has taken his interest in coffee from the classroom to the business world, opening the Oxford Coffee Company at 21 Lynn Avenue.
Bob Thurston said his interest in coffee goes back many years, starting as a personal interest. As his research took him to other countries and he added to his knowledge of the subject, it crossed over from curiosity to scholarly interest.
“I taught the history of coffee at Miami and taught about the history of coffee in other courses,” he said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College