Church discovered under castletags: archaeology, discoveries, Telegraph (UK), United Kingdom, churches, Lincoln Castle
Experts believe that the church is one of the most important archaeological finds in Britain, as it pre-dates both the castle and the Norman Conquest.
Construction workers have also unearthed eight skeletons in the Norman building, believed to be the remains of powerful and wealthy people.
Cecily Spall, an archaeologist on the site, said the find was hugely significant for Lincoln. “The information we can get from this undocumented church is gold dust,” she said.
“Historical documents only tell part of the story for this area so this find is very special.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control