Church discovered under castleBreaking News
tags: archaeology, discoveries, Telegraph (UK), United Kingdom, churches, Lincoln Castle
Experts believe that the church is one of the most important archaeological finds in Britain, as it pre-dates both the castle and the Norman Conquest.
Construction workers have also unearthed eight skeletons in the Norman building, believed to be the remains of powerful and wealthy people.
Cecily Spall, an archaeologist on the site, said the find was hugely significant for Lincoln. “The information we can get from this undocumented church is gold dust,” she said.
“Historical documents only tell part of the story for this area so this find is very special.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election