Inside 70-year-old Paris apartmentBreaking News
tags: World War II, historic preservation, Paris, apartments, Belle Epoque
Caked in dust and full of turn-of-the century treasures, this Paris apartment is like going back in time.
Having lain untouched for seven decades the abandoned home was discovered three years ago after its owner died aged 91.
The woman who owned the flat, a Mrs De Florian, had fled for the south of France before the outbreak of the Second World War.
She never returned and in the 70 years since, it looks like no-one had set foot inside....
comments powered by Disqus
- Berlin's street names provoke debate over forgotten colonial history
- 'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'
- Trump’s claim that ‘no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days’
- Trump parroted Chinese version of history
- Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'
- David McCullough: President Trump's Disregard for History Is 'Utter Nonsense'
- Professor uses role-playing, video game to teach history
- American Historical Review apology prompts soul-searching over racial gatekeeping in the academe
- Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semester
- Jonathan Zimmerman is joining the growing ranks of liberal historians alarmed by college speech codes