New German plaque for downed Dambuster bomberBreaking News
tags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), Germany, The Dam Busters, Royal Air Force
Of all the commemorations marking this month’s 70th anniversary of the Second World War’s most famous bombing raid, it is perhaps the most poignant.
A new plaque has been unveiled in a German field where one of the Dambuster bombers crashed, with the loss of all seven men on-board.
The memorial has been installed by a local historian who located the crash site as part of his research into the fate of the aircraft, AJ-E....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook