New German plaque for downed Dambuster bomberBreaking News
tags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), Germany, The Dam Busters, Royal Air Force
Of all the commemorations marking this month’s 70th anniversary of the Second World War’s most famous bombing raid, it is perhaps the most poignant.
A new plaque has been unveiled in a German field where one of the Dambuster bombers crashed, with the loss of all seven men on-board.
The memorial has been installed by a local historian who located the crash site as part of his research into the fate of the aircraft, AJ-E....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools