London Cenotaph to be restored for WWI centenaryBreaking News
tags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), London, restorations, Cenotaph
For nearly a century it has stood as a monument to the sacrifice of those killed in the First World War.
Now the Cenotaph in London will undergo a restoration ahead of the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The monument is one of hundreds being cleaned and repaired in readiness for the anniversary next year.
The £60,000 work on the Cenotaph, which started last week, is being paid for by English Heritage, which is also funding work on scores of other memorials....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions