London Cenotaph to be restored for WWI centenaryBreaking News
tags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), London, restorations, Cenotaph
For nearly a century it has stood as a monument to the sacrifice of those killed in the First World War.
Now the Cenotaph in London will undergo a restoration ahead of the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The monument is one of hundreds being cleaned and repaired in readiness for the anniversary next year.
The £60,000 work on the Cenotaph, which started last week, is being paid for by English Heritage, which is also funding work on scores of other memorials....
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize