London Cenotaph to be restored for WWI centenaryBreaking News
tags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), London, restorations, Cenotaph
For nearly a century it has stood as a monument to the sacrifice of those killed in the First World War.
Now the Cenotaph in London will undergo a restoration ahead of the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The monument is one of hundreds being cleaned and repaired in readiness for the anniversary next year.
The £60,000 work on the Cenotaph, which started last week, is being paid for by English Heritage, which is also funding work on scores of other memorials....
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide