NY Art Historian To Take Over de Young And Legion of Honor Museums
The organization that oversees San Francisco’s de Young and Legion of Honor museums today announced it has appointed a New York-based art historian as its new director.
Colin Bailey will be the new director of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, overseeing 550 employees at the two museums in Golden Gate Park and Lincoln Park.
Bailey, who most recently served as deputy director at The Frick Collection in New York City, will take over effective June 1, said Dede Wilsey, president of the Fine Art Museums’ board of trustees....
comments powered by Disqus
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86