'Stunning' Stockholm shipwrecks wow expertstags: shipwrecks, Stockholm, Stockholm harbour
"I was stunned by how big it was," marine archaeologist Jim Hansson told The Local of the find.
Hansson was out for a stroll along Kastellholmen island with his girlfriend on Sunday, taking in some rare springtime sun, when he noticed a pattern of wooden stumps penetrating the surface.
"If it had only been one or two beams sticking up, I may not have noticed it," he said.
"But I saw immediately that it was a shipwreck. You could clearly see the bow and the stern."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely