'Stunning' Stockholm shipwrecks wow expertstags: shipwrecks, Stockholm, Stockholm harbour
"I was stunned by how big it was," marine archaeologist Jim Hansson told The Local of the find.
Hansson was out for a stroll along Kastellholmen island with his girlfriend on Sunday, taking in some rare springtime sun, when he noticed a pattern of wooden stumps penetrating the surface.
"If it had only been one or two beams sticking up, I may not have noticed it," he said.
"But I saw immediately that it was a shipwreck. You could clearly see the bow and the stern."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing