2 USS Monitor sailors to be interred at Arlingtontags: Civil War, AP, Arlington National Cemetary
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus says the remains of two unknown Union sailors recovered from the Civil War ironclad USS Monitor will be interred in Arlington National Cemetery on March 8.
In an announcement Tuesday, Mabus said they could be the last Navy personnel from the Civil War buried at Arlington...
comments powered by Disqus
- Bad history is behind our fervent belief in the purity of amateur athletics
- The Fascinating 100-Year Journey of Black Cinema Through Its Film Posters
- Historians Rip O'Reilly's New Patton Book
- Japan remembers tragic sinking of Ottoman ship
- Confirmation: Canada identifies ship from British Arctic expedition
- British Empire in India: Historians and journalists debate
- Ken Burns's surprising discovery about his Revolutionary War ancestor
- When does history end?
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day