Dallas apartment complex where Lee Harvey Oswald briefly lived being demolished
DALLAS — A dilapidated Dallas apartment complex where Lee Harvey Oswald briefly lived before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy is being demolished.
After a four-year battle over code violations at the uninhabited 10-unit, two-story apartment complex built in 1925, owner Jane Bryant is in the process of taking the building down per a court order. She’s been salvaging building materials and selling off items from Oswald’s three-room apartment. The toilet already has a new owner.
Bryant was never able to realize her plans to renovate the building in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas after buying it in 2007, and the next year got caught up in litigation with the city over the state of the building at 600 Elsbeth St....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Mark Perry discovered a secret about an Alabama governor's past that helped him understand the delusions about the Old South
- Historian Kevin M. Schultz pens book about Buckley and Mailer
- Robert Conquest, Historian Who Documented Soviet Horrors, Dies at 98
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed