Daniel Day-Lewis faces criticism for giving a voice to Abraham LincolnBreaking News
Asking a British actor to play one of America’s great orators was always likely to prove controversial to US audiences.
But Daniel Day-Lewis may not have expected the level of criticism for the voice he has given to Abraham Lincoln in a new Steven Spielberg film.
Americans have complained that the Oscar-winning actor has given the 16th president a high-pitched, wavering tone that has been likened to both a 14-year-old boy and Mr Burns, the doddery cartoon character from The Simpsons.
Time magazine’s critic praised the British actor’s performance but noted that he speaks in a “thin, reedy” voice, while CBS News said the tone was “scratchy and not what audiences had come to expect”....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity