Tom Engelhardt (Interviewed by Bill Moyers!) on Supersized Politics in the 2012 ElectionRoundup: Audio/Video History
If we’ve learned anything from the 2012 race, it’s that American politics have gotten way out of our control. Our guest Tom Engelhardt says that, like our sodas and our military, our elections have become “supersized.” In this web-exclusive interview, filmed before Hurricane Sandy reshaped the landscape, Engelhardt talks about the staggering amounts of money that shaped this election season and the substantive conversations were missing from it.
Engelhardt is the founder of TomDispatch.com and author of The End of Victory Culture and co-author, with Nick Turse, of Terminator Planet: The First History of Drone Warfare.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Trump's Inauguration Compares to Inaugurations Past
- The Fake News Pioneer of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Presidential Inauguration History: From Grand to Fatal to Downright Awkward
- Nazi Doctor Mengele Now Himself Object of Medical Study
- Critics Attacked, History Revised as China Nationalism Rises
- Bacevich and Mearsheimer on Obama’s Legacy
- Where Historians Work: An Interactive Database of History PhD Career Outcomes
- GW history department targeted by conservative media after curriculum change was announced
- Kevin Starr, California’s premier historian and USC professor, dies at 76
- Secret WWI telegram holds lessons for today, historians say