Tom Engelhardt (Interviewed by Bill Moyers!) on Supersized Politics in the 2012 Election
If we’ve learned anything from the 2012 race, it’s that American politics have gotten way out of our control. Our guest Tom Engelhardt says that, like our sodas and our military, our elections have become “supersized.” In this web-exclusive interview, filmed before Hurricane Sandy reshaped the landscape, Engelhardt talks about the staggering amounts of money that shaped this election season and the substantive conversations were missing from it.
Engelhardt is the founder of TomDispatch.com and author of The End of Victory Culture and co-author, with Nick Turse, of Terminator Planet: The First History of Drone Warfare.
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award