Tom Engelhardt (Interviewed by Bill Moyers!) on Supersized Politics in the 2012 ElectionRoundup: Audio/Video History
If we’ve learned anything from the 2012 race, it’s that American politics have gotten way out of our control. Our guest Tom Engelhardt says that, like our sodas and our military, our elections have become “supersized.” In this web-exclusive interview, filmed before Hurricane Sandy reshaped the landscape, Engelhardt talks about the staggering amounts of money that shaped this election season and the substantive conversations were missing from it.
Engelhardt is the founder of TomDispatch.com and author of The End of Victory Culture and co-author, with Nick Turse, of Terminator Planet: The First History of Drone Warfare.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?
- Mark Noll says evangelicals voted for Trump for lots of reasons, abortion among them
- Yuval Noah Harari: "Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so"
- Historian John Fea’s twitterstorm in defense of the NEH