Democracy Distilled: a History of Our Nation's Voting Rights
Before you send your ballot in this year, take some time to think about what a privilege it is to vote. Not very long ago, the restrictions on voting rights silenced many people in our country. Although we may all have different views regarding political topics, we can all agree that our country has overcome a lot. Be thankful that you have a voice – and remember to vote November 6!
comments powered by Disqus
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed