Dueling Biopics in Works for the Beatles’ Manager
Within the world of obsessive Beatles fans, a small but vocal group has long argued that the accomplishments of Brian Epstein, the band’s visionary manager, have been underplayed in the many tellings of the Beatles’ story. But suddenly, 45 years after Epstein’s death from what was ruled an accidental drug overdose, Epstein will have his moment to shine on the silver screen. Not one but two biopics – one to be based on a graphic novel – are in the works.
So far, the starrier of them will feature the busy Benedict Cumberbatch as Epstein. Mr. Cumberbatch — whose roles have included the physicist Stephen Hawking, as well as Sherlock Holmes in the BBC’s “Sherlock” and Peter Guillam in the recent film version of “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” — also has roles in Peter Jackson’s coming film version of “The Hobbit” and will be the villain in the next “Star Trek” film, “Star Trek Into Darkness.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead