Dueling Biopics in Works for the Beatles’ Manager
Within the world of obsessive Beatles fans, a small but vocal group has long argued that the accomplishments of Brian Epstein, the band’s visionary manager, have been underplayed in the many tellings of the Beatles’ story. But suddenly, 45 years after Epstein’s death from what was ruled an accidental drug overdose, Epstein will have his moment to shine on the silver screen. Not one but two biopics – one to be based on a graphic novel – are in the works.
So far, the starrier of them will feature the busy Benedict Cumberbatch as Epstein. Mr. Cumberbatch — whose roles have included the physicist Stephen Hawking, as well as Sherlock Holmes in the BBC’s “Sherlock” and Peter Guillam in the recent film version of “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” — also has roles in Peter Jackson’s coming film version of “The Hobbit” and will be the villain in the next “Star Trek” film, “Star Trek Into Darkness.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening