Documentary on papyrus fragment purporting that Jesus had wife delayed amid doubts on veracityBreaking News
BOSTON – The premiere of the Smithsonian Channel's documentary on a papyrus fragment that purports to show Jesus referring to his wife has been delayed until further tests can be done amid doubts about the fragment's authenticity.
Research about the fourth-century papyrus fragment was released last month by Harvard Divinity School professor Karen King. She said it didn't prove Jesus was married, only that some early Christians believed he was.
The text, written in Coptic, contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to "my wife," whom he identifies as Mary. He also says she can be his disciple....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook