What is a "Team Historian" in the video game industry?
What is a Team Historian?
"I could dig into books, and I could dig into historic magazines, things that are really geeky for a historian, but I had to translate it into easy access material for [the Assassin's Creed 3 team]," says Maxime Durand, the Team Historian on Assassin's Creed 3....
Durand hadn't previously worked on a game. Ubisoft snapped up Durand directly from university where he'd studied history, contracting him for two months. That was two and a half years ago....
He says the job is bigger than anyone expected. He was part of the original group of ten or so people working on Assassin's Creed 3. At the beginning, his role was figuring out where historical figures were and when, helping to build a historically accurate time line. Or at as least close accurate as a game about secret assassin societies and ancient precursor races can get....
comments powered by Disqus
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Marcus Rediker says it was pirates, slaves, and motley crews who shaped the modern world, not the big heroes we hear so much about
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book