What is a "Team Historian" in the video game industry?Historians in the News
What is a Team Historian?
"I could dig into books, and I could dig into historic magazines, things that are really geeky for a historian, but I had to translate it into easy access material for [the Assassin's Creed 3 team]," says Maxime Durand, the Team Historian on Assassin's Creed 3....
Durand hadn't previously worked on a game. Ubisoft snapped up Durand directly from university where he'd studied history, contracting him for two months. That was two and a half years ago....
He says the job is bigger than anyone expected. He was part of the original group of ten or so people working on Assassin's Creed 3. At the beginning, his role was figuring out where historical figures were and when, helping to build a historically accurate time line. Or at as least close accurate as a game about secret assassin societies and ancient precursor races can get....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies