What is a "Team Historian" in the video game industry?Historians in the News
What is a Team Historian?
"I could dig into books, and I could dig into historic magazines, things that are really geeky for a historian, but I had to translate it into easy access material for [the Assassin's Creed 3 team]," says Maxime Durand, the Team Historian on Assassin's Creed 3....
Durand hadn't previously worked on a game. Ubisoft snapped up Durand directly from university where he'd studied history, contracting him for two months. That was two and a half years ago....
He says the job is bigger than anyone expected. He was part of the original group of ten or so people working on Assassin's Creed 3. At the beginning, his role was figuring out where historical figures were and when, helping to build a historically accurate time line. Or at as least close accurate as a game about secret assassin societies and ancient precursor races can get....
comments powered by Disqus
- Mother Jones highlights Trump administration’s Black History Month mistakes
- Japan has asked joined suit filed at the US Supreme Court to remove "comfort women” statue in California
- American colleges are documenting their own history of entanglement with slavery
- Wow: Barack and Michelle Obama to be paid $60 million in book deal
- Betsy DeVos Press Release Celebrates Jim Crow Education System as Pioneer of “School Choice”
- Harvard President Drew Faust says the university is documenting its ties to slavery
- Mostafa el-Abbadi, Champion of Alexandria’s Resurrected Library, Dies at 88
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser