9/11 museum offers guide to aid commemorations
NEW YORK — The Sept. 11 museum at ground zero is offering a hand on planning commemorations elsewhere as the anniversary of the terror attacks approaches.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum released a remembrance guide online Monday. The guide includes a list of the nearly 3,000 victims of the attacks, interactive timelines, lesson plans about memorialization and ideas for sharing reflections through social media....
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture