Jeff Glor talks to historian Fredrik Logevall [VIDEO]
[CLICK ON LINK ABOVE TO VIEW VIDEO]
Jeff Glor talks to historian Fredrik Logevall about his new book, "Embers of War," which traces how the twentieth century conflict in Vietnam drew in all the world's powers, led to the demise of France's colonial empire, and embroiled the United States in an unavoidable quagmire. Logevall is John S. Knight Professor of International Studies and professor of history at Cornell University, where he serves as director of the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies.
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial