New Mondale Website Provides Easy Access to PapersBreaking News
Just launched, a new website provides a public portal to the Walter F. Mondale Papers held in the [Minnesota Historical] Society collections. The website provides a fully articulated finding aid to the 1,500 cubic feet of Mondale Papers; contextualizes Mondale's career in a brief essay; provides easy access to thousands of digitized artifacts, photographs, and documents from the Mondale collection; and hosts an extensive interview with Mondale. Future content will include essays and podcasts featuring prominent Mondale scholars.
Pat Gaarder, deputy director of programs said, "We are pleased to be able to share the history of this public figure in an easy-to-use way. Mondale speaks to Minnesota's history as well as the nation's history and we are proud that he has entrusted his papers to our care."
The extensive Mondale Papers document his entire career, from his terms as Minnesota's attorney general (1960-1964), through his senatorial career (1964-1976), his years as vice president (1977-1980), his 1984 presidential campaign, his brief ambassadorial career and subsequent public service.
The Society was awarded a National Endowment for the Humanities grant to process and describe the Walter Mondale Papers and to develop a Mondale web page.
The Minnesota Historical Society is a non-profit educational and cultural institution established in 1849. The Society collects, preserves and tells the story of Minnesota’s past through museum exhibits, libraries and collections, historic sites, educational programs and book publishing. Using the power of history to transform lives, the Society preserves our past, shares our state’s stories and connects people with history.
The Minnesota Historical Society is supported in part by its Premier Partners: Xcel Energy and Explore Minnesota Tourism....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity