Lake Forest College forever changed by Vietnam War
LAKE FOREST -- The Vietnam War -- whose veterans are being saluted on Lake Forest Day -- tested the government, the Constitution, students, and soldiers. Lake Forest was no less affected -- in fact, three young local men died in the conflict -- but the war also initiated changes at Lake Forest College that resonate to this day....
The college responded to all of this by bringing students and faculty more into the governing structure of the school. Lake Forest College President Eugene Hotchkiss receives a share of credit in the recollections of Michael H. Ebner of Lake Forest, professor emeritus of American history at Lake Forest College....
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead