1912 Red Sox World Series trophy to be auctioned
The 1912 Boston Red Sox World Series trophy presented to team manager Jake Stahl is going on the auction block.
The sterling silver trophy will be auctioned Aug. 2 at Camden Yards in Baltimore during a national sports collectors convention.
The trophy's current owner is Red Sox fan Robert Fraser. He says several companies wanted to auction it off for the 100th anniversaries of the team's World Series win against the New York Giants and the opening of Fenway Park...
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Vikings Saved Europe and Got a Terrible Reputation
- Hard Hats On: Members of the Media Tour Exhibits under Construction at the National Museum of American History
- Shaman dancers, coolies and suffragettes: rare photos of 1900s Beijing discovered from Austrian archive
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead
- 2 of 21 MacArthur Fellows for 2014 are historians
- Ken Burns electrifies Jon Stewart show