Renowned Historian Jerry Bentley Was a UH Professor
(Source: Michael Tsai The Honolulu Star-Advertiser (MCT) — For more than 35 years, some of the most important new ideas on world history have been generated, explored and debated in the little corner of the Pacific that Jerry Bentley called home.
Bentley, a professor of history at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, died July 15 at the age of 62.
A widely published and oft-cited expert on the history of early modern Europe and cross-cultural interactions and exchanges in world history, Bentley was instrumental in the establishment of UH’s Center for World History and was the founding editor of the Journal of World History....
comments powered by Disqus
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success
- Sven Beckert’s List of the Ten Books on Slavery You Need to Read
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed