Arafat's widow wants probe into his deathBreaking News
PARIS (AP) -- The widow of Yasser Arafat will file a legal complaint in France asking authorities to investigate her husband's death, about which she has recently raised new suspicions, her lawyer said Tuesday.
Palestinian authorities gave final approval this week for the former Palestinian leader's body to be exhumed and asked for an international investigation into his 2004 death in a French military hospital.
That came on the heels of a broadcast last week by Arab satellite TV channel Al-Jazeera, which said it had conducted a nine-month investigation into the leader's death after his widow, Suha, handed over Arafat's medical file and what she said was a duffel bag of his belongings. Included in the bag were a fur hat and a woolen cap with some of his hair, a toothbrush, and clothing with his urine and blood stains....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history