Armory Room To Be Restored
The Park Avenue Armory’s Board of Officers Room is to be restored by the architecture firm Herzog & de Meuron with a $15 million gift from the Thompson Family Foundation. The gift — from Angela Thompson and the family of Wade F. B. Thompson, the founding chairman of Park Avenue Armory, who died in 2009 — brings the family’s total Armory donations to $50 million....
comments powered by Disqus
- 115-Year-Old Shipwreck Finally Located Along Lake Superior's 'Shipwreck Coast'
- There’s no surge in immigrant children across the border
- A Chinese boy has made the discovery of a lifetime by stumbling across a 3,000-year-old bronze sword
- President Nixon Overrode Near Consensus of Senior U.S. Officials on Threat Posed by Israeli Nuclear Program in 1969
- Are Biblical Epics Epically Racist?
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily
- NYT praises Kissinger’s new book as right for the times
- Critics question accuracy of new conservative-leaning social studies textbooks up for adoption in Texas