Armory Room To Be Restored
The Park Avenue Armory’s Board of Officers Room is to be restored by the architecture firm Herzog & de Meuron with a $15 million gift from the Thompson Family Foundation. The gift — from Angela Thompson and the family of Wade F. B. Thompson, the founding chairman of Park Avenue Armory, who died in 2009 — brings the family’s total Armory donations to $50 million....
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing