Armory Room To Be Restored
The Park Avenue Armory’s Board of Officers Room is to be restored by the architecture firm Herzog & de Meuron with a $15 million gift from the Thompson Family Foundation. The gift — from Angela Thompson and the family of Wade F. B. Thompson, the founding chairman of Park Avenue Armory, who died in 2009 — brings the family’s total Armory donations to $50 million....
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?