Israel Hayom reporter posts audio to back up interview with Robert ConquestHistorians in the News
Israel Hayom reporter Dror Eydar has released audio from an interview with historian Robert Conquest after a rival reporter hinted that Eydar had distorted Conquest's statements to bring them in line with Israel Hayom's conservative agenda.
Eydar denies altering Conquest's words, though he admits it was hard to understand the 95-year-old's English.
Conquest, now a research fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution, is famous for his works on Soviet history, including "The Great Terror" (1968 ) and "The Harvest of Sorrow" (1986 ).
Conquest was in Israel to receive the prestigious Dan David Award; Yedioth Ahronoth's Sever Plocker also tried to interview him....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history