Israel Hayom reporter posts audio to back up interview with Robert Conquest
Israel Hayom reporter Dror Eydar has released audio from an interview with historian Robert Conquest after a rival reporter hinted that Eydar had distorted Conquest's statements to bring them in line with Israel Hayom's conservative agenda.
Eydar denies altering Conquest's words, though he admits it was hard to understand the 95-year-old's English.
Conquest, now a research fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution, is famous for his works on Soviet history, including "The Great Terror" (1968 ) and "The Harvest of Sorrow" (1986 ).
Conquest was in Israel to receive the prestigious Dan David Award; Yedioth Ahronoth's Sever Plocker also tried to interview him....
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830