Israel Hayom reporter posts audio to back up interview with Robert ConquestHistorians in the News
Israel Hayom reporter Dror Eydar has released audio from an interview with historian Robert Conquest after a rival reporter hinted that Eydar had distorted Conquest's statements to bring them in line with Israel Hayom's conservative agenda.
Eydar denies altering Conquest's words, though he admits it was hard to understand the 95-year-old's English.
Conquest, now a research fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution, is famous for his works on Soviet history, including "The Great Terror" (1968 ) and "The Harvest of Sorrow" (1986 ).
Conquest was in Israel to receive the prestigious Dan David Award; Yedioth Ahronoth's Sever Plocker also tried to interview him....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools