NEH grants total $17 millionBreaking News
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) recently announced $17 million in grants and offers for 208 humanities projects.
Institutions and independent scholars in 42 states and the District of Columbia will receive NEH support. Complete state-by-state listings of grants are available here (39-page PDF).
Grants were awarded in the following categories:
- America’s Historical and Cultural Organizations: Planning and Implementation Grants support projects that create new ways to excite, inform, and stir thoughtful reflection upon culture, identity, and history in creative and new ways.
- America’s Media Makers: Development Grants enable media producers to collaborate with scholars to develop humanities content and to prepare programs for production.
- America’s Media Makers: Production Grants support the preparation of a media program for distribution.
- Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants encourage innovations in the digital humanities by supporting the planning stages of projects.
- Enduring Questions Grants allow faculty members to develop a new undergraduate course that grapples with a fundamental question addressed by the humanities.
- Fellowship Programs at Independent Research Institutions provide scholars with research time and success to resources that might not be available at their home institutions.
- Humanities Collections and Reference Resources Grants allow institutions to preserve and provide access to collections essential to scholarship, education, and public programming in the humanities.
- NEH On the Road Grants help small sites defray the cost of hosting an NEH traveling exhibition.
- Summer Stipends support full-time work by a scholar on a humanities project for a period of two months.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize