Ohio State history chair Peter Hahn is next Liberal Arts dean candidate at U of Iowa
The University of Iowa has announced the second candidate for dean of the school's largest college, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ohio State University history professor and department chair Peter L. Hahn will interview on Monday and Tuesday. He will appear at an open forum from 4 to 5 p.m. in 240 Art Building West on Monday. A reception will follow in the Art Building West atrium. The university will ease parking enforcement starting at 3 p.m. in lots 28, 42, 55 and the music and theatre meters.
Hahn has been chair of the history department at Ohio State since 2006. He has written six books, specializing in U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East since 1940. He has delivered papers and lectures in nine countries, frequently addresses the media, and has been the executive director of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations since 2002, according to a UI email announcing his candidacy....
comments powered by Disqus
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- High school students now must take a world history class to graduate, new law says
- Newly Released Sandia Labs Film Presents Story of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Safety Effort
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)
- The Unsuspecting Thing Conservative Historian David Barton Did With $1 Million Awarded to Him in Defamation Lawsuit
- Celebrated Holocaust archivist Robert Wolfe dies at age 93
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision