Ohio State history chair Peter Hahn is next Liberal Arts dean candidate at U of IowaHistorians in the News
The University of Iowa has announced the second candidate for dean of the school's largest college, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ohio State University history professor and department chair Peter L. Hahn will interview on Monday and Tuesday. He will appear at an open forum from 4 to 5 p.m. in 240 Art Building West on Monday. A reception will follow in the Art Building West atrium. The university will ease parking enforcement starting at 3 p.m. in lots 28, 42, 55 and the music and theatre meters.
Hahn has been chair of the history department at Ohio State since 2006. He has written six books, specializing in U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East since 1940. He has delivered papers and lectures in nine countries, frequently addresses the media, and has been the executive director of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations since 2002, according to a UI email announcing his candidacy....
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize