Ohio State history chair Peter Hahn is next Liberal Arts dean candidate at U of IowaHistorians in the News
The University of Iowa has announced the second candidate for dean of the school's largest college, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ohio State University history professor and department chair Peter L. Hahn will interview on Monday and Tuesday. He will appear at an open forum from 4 to 5 p.m. in 240 Art Building West on Monday. A reception will follow in the Art Building West atrium. The university will ease parking enforcement starting at 3 p.m. in lots 28, 42, 55 and the music and theatre meters.
Hahn has been chair of the history department at Ohio State since 2006. He has written six books, specializing in U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East since 1940. He has delivered papers and lectures in nine countries, frequently addresses the media, and has been the executive director of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations since 2002, according to a UI email announcing his candidacy....
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy