Ohio State history chair Peter Hahn is next Liberal Arts dean candidate at U of IowaHistorians in the News
The University of Iowa has announced the second candidate for dean of the school's largest college, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ohio State University history professor and department chair Peter L. Hahn will interview on Monday and Tuesday. He will appear at an open forum from 4 to 5 p.m. in 240 Art Building West on Monday. A reception will follow in the Art Building West atrium. The university will ease parking enforcement starting at 3 p.m. in lots 28, 42, 55 and the music and theatre meters.
Hahn has been chair of the history department at Ohio State since 2006. He has written six books, specializing in U.S. foreign relations in the Middle East since 1940. He has delivered papers and lectures in nine countries, frequently addresses the media, and has been the executive director of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations since 2002, according to a UI email announcing his candidacy....
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service