Pompeii gets cash boost
The Italian government has launched a 105m euros (£87m) project to save one of the world's greatest archaeological treasures, the ancient city of Pompeii.
There has been growing concern that the site, where volcanic ash smothered a Roman city in AD79, has been neglected.
A number of structures have fully or partially collapsed, including the "House of Gladiators" which fell down 18 months ago....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita