Pompeii gets cash boostBreaking News
The Italian government has launched a 105m euros (£87m) project to save one of the world's greatest archaeological treasures, the ancient city of Pompeii.
There has been growing concern that the site, where volcanic ash smothered a Roman city in AD79, has been neglected.
A number of structures have fully or partially collapsed, including the "House of Gladiators" which fell down 18 months ago....
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters collection offers unique gimplse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project