Were Jews ever really slaves in Egypt, or is Passover a myth?Breaking News
Here's a question for you: what do actor Charlton Heston, DreamWorks animation studios and Former Prime Minister Menachem Begin all have in common? Well, they've all, at one time or another, perpetuated the myth that the Jews built the pyramids. And it is a myth, make no mistake. Even if we take the earliest possible date for Jewish slavery that the Bible suggests, the Jews were enslaved in Egypt a good three hundred years after the 1750 B.C. completion date of the pyramids. That is, of course, if they were ever slaves in Egypt at all.
We are so quick to point out the obvious lies about Jews and Israel that come out in Egypt – the Sinai Governors claims that the Mossad released a shark into the Red Sea to kill Egyptians, or, as I once read in a newspaper whilst on holiday in Cairo, the tale of the magnetic belt buckles that Jews were selling cheap in Egypt that would sterilize men on contact – yet we so rarely examine our own misconceptions about the nature of our history with the Egyptian nation....
comments powered by Disqus
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection
- China Bars Historian at Australian University From Leaving, Lawyer Says