Norway tries to reclaim Amundsen's shipBreaking News
A hearing on Thursday will decide the fate of a ship once captained by Roald Amundsen, the Norwegian explorer first to reach the south pole.
The Maud is partially sunk in Cambridge Bay in Nunavut, northern Canada.
A permit to return the ship to Norway was denied in December and Canadian officials have argued the ship is crucial to the nation's heritage.
Campaigner Jan Wanggaard is spearheading a project to overturn the decision....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools