Report from Donny George About the Iraq Museum
This was after the earlier phases of good strong fences and gates, redoing roofs, and iron bars for all the windows of the museum. More work will be done very soon, that includes repainting all the museum halls, building lifts for disabled people, new lighting systems for the old parts of the museum that were built in 1960, and more. While all this is happening, in the morning of Tuesday Aug. 16, 2005, at about five o'clock in the morning, gun clashes started on the street beside the museum, at 5.15 that morning a helicopter gunship came in, and opened fire into that street, not speaking about the number of the casualties which was on the news, the museum western walls and the outer wall received a good number of shots and a water pipe was blown up, and also some small bits of bodies were inside the museum gardens."
"I think it was reported that it happened in Street # 6 in the Alawi area, by Al-Arabia station, as I heard, no one mentioned the museum ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Is it time to remember (finally) Albert Gallatin? He’s the founding father everybody’s forgotten
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead