Publisher to fight ‘Mein Kampf’ banBreaking News
BERLIN (JTA) -- A British publisher is vowing to fight a Munich court's decision to permanently ban his publication of excerpts of Hitler's "Mein Kampf."
Peter McGee wanted to print excerpts last January in a 16-page insert to his German publication "Zeitungszeugen," or "Newspaper Witnesses," together with critical commentary from historians. The insert, one of three planned supplements, also would have been sold separately. But the Munich Regional Court last week upheld a restraining order issued by a lower court that barred McGee from fulfilling his goal.
The court said the right to "cite" a text does not mean it is acceptable to publish excerpts....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook