The second battle of Kings Mountain
In Cleveland County, livermush is a staple, barbecue is nearly sacred and the region has a distinctive history marked by several key Revolutionary War battles fought in the area.
Advocates in North and South Carolina are fighting to have a region made up of 58 counties recognized as a national heritage area, specifically focusing on the contributions made by the Carolinas during the American Revolution.
The national heritage designation is a way to celebrate, protect and preserve what makes a region unique and can be used as a tool for tourism.
Examples of places with a national heritage designation include the Tennessee Civil War National Heritage Area and Iowa’s Silo and Smokestacks National Heritage Area....
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Interview’: Seven Other Controversial Film Releases in History
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75