Dundee emergency grenade from WWIIBreaking News
A grenade which sparked an emergency when it was handed to a police officer dated from World War II, the Army has said.
Residents in Dura Street, Dundee, were told to stay indoors and the road closed after the device was passed to an officer on Tuesday afternoon.
Army bomb disposal experts were called in and took the badly-corroded grenade away to destroy it elsewhere.
It had been dug up several years ago by a man in the local area, police said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history