Dundee emergency grenade from WWIIBreaking News
A grenade which sparked an emergency when it was handed to a police officer dated from World War II, the Army has said.
Residents in Dura Street, Dundee, were told to stay indoors and the road closed after the device was passed to an officer on Tuesday afternoon.
Army bomb disposal experts were called in and took the badly-corroded grenade away to destroy it elsewhere.
It had been dug up several years ago by a man in the local area, police said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments