Dundee emergency grenade from WWIIBreaking News
A grenade which sparked an emergency when it was handed to a police officer dated from World War II, the Army has said.
Residents in Dura Street, Dundee, were told to stay indoors and the road closed after the device was passed to an officer on Tuesday afternoon.
Army bomb disposal experts were called in and took the badly-corroded grenade away to destroy it elsewhere.
It had been dug up several years ago by a man in the local area, police said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible