Turkey accuses France of genocide in colonial AlgeriaBreaking News
The Turkish prime minister has accused France of committing genocide during its colonial occupation of Algeria.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan was speaking after French MPs passed a bill making it a criminal act to deny that Ottoman Turks committed genocide in 1915-16 Armenia.
He accused President Nicolas Sarkozy of using the bill to fan hatred of Muslims and Turks for electoral gain.
He said Mr Sarkozy should "ask his father, who served in the French Legion there" about the Algerian "massacre"....
comments powered by Disqus
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut