Turkey accuses France of genocide in colonial Algeria
The Turkish prime minister has accused France of committing genocide during its colonial occupation of Algeria.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan was speaking after French MPs passed a bill making it a criminal act to deny that Ottoman Turks committed genocide in 1915-16 Armenia.
He accused President Nicolas Sarkozy of using the bill to fan hatred of Muslims and Turks for electoral gain.
He said Mr Sarkozy should "ask his father, who served in the French Legion there" about the Algerian "massacre"....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic