Dead Sea study sheds light on biblical events
The Dead Sea nearly disappeared about 120,000 years ago, say researchers who drilled more than 1,500 feet below one of the deepest parts of the politically contentious body of water.
The discovery looms large at a time when the Dead Sea is shrinking rapidly, Middle Eastern nations are battling over water rights, and experts hotly debate whether the salt lake could ever dry up completely in the years to come....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Forgotten Story of the Men Who Broke the NFL’s Color Barrier
- The Mysterious Case of the 113-Year-Old Light Bulb
- Found: The Oldest Bar In Every State
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Hugh Trevor-Roper: the spy as historian, the historian as spy
- After Ferguson, some black history grad students wonder: Does Pursuing a Ph.D. Matter?
- Historian David Kaiser rallying alums who say Harvard's paying its endowment traders too much
- Colorado students protest proposed "censorship" of history curriculum